Primary function of the role:
- Support the current platform in terms of features and enhancements from clients. Examples would include creating reports, changes to existing products and creating new products.
- Support the day-to-day functioning and operability of the current platform. Examples would include investigations into incidents or bugs (e.g. reports that are functioning incorrectly).
- Designing and implementing solutions for client requirements.
- Delivering on requirements on-time and to specification with high level of quality.
- Defining user test plan for solutions which are implemented.
- Create documentation
Qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of Grade 12 and an IT Qualification / Diploma will be an advantage
- Microsoft Certification will be an advantage
- Working knowledge of the following technology and tools:
- MS SQL server 2012+
- MS SQL, T-SQL, or similarly structured query languages (e.g., Azure SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Visual Basic (VBScript)
- MS Excel (Intermediate)
- The following technology and tools will be an advantage:
- Basic C#
- Azure DevOps
- Insurance, InsurTech, financial services and/or FinTech knowledge and experience will be highly advantageous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Solutions orientated with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new concepts and apply them
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Time management
Email CVs to: [email protected]
Please note that if you have not heard from us in two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Genasys Technologies respects your right to privacy and complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We hereby inform you that we will be retaining your personal information on file for a period of 12 months. This information will be used solely for the purposes of maintaining records and fulfilling legal obligations. Your personal information will be securely stored and will not be disclosed to any third party without your explicit consent, unless required by law or to protect our legitimate interests. By continuing to use our services, you consent to the retention of your personal information as described above. If you wish to request access to or the correction of your personal information, please contact us using the details provided below.