The provision of timely and accurate information to management to enable them to make informed decisions is the lifeblood of the Genasys Finance function. With staff situated in 3 locations (Johannesburg, Cape Town, and London), the Genasys Finance team is a small team that works in a highly collaborative, high-trust, and autonomous fashion.
The purpose of the Financial Manager role is to maintain high-quality financial controls, together with accurate, complete, and proper accounting records, which comply with both internal group and external statutory requirements, so that all management, regulatory, and statutory information, submitted to internal and/or external parties is correctly prepared from accurate and complete accounting records and is delivered on a timely basis.
In addition, a key aspect of the role is the supervision, mentoring, and development of reporting staff i.e., 2 Financial Accountants.
The Financial Manager:
- Reports directly to the Financial Controller, supervising two Financial Accountants.
- Works closely with the Group Chief Financial Officer, Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller, and the Senior Financial Accountant Systems & Analysis to ensure that the Finance Department fully satisfies its collective obligations and responsibilities.
- Maintains external relationships with auditors, banks, professional advisors, regulatory authorities (incl central banks), and tax authorities.
The Financial Manager will take a lead role in:
- Maintaining the books and records for all group companies including supervising income & expenditure transaction processing and revenue recognition;
- The development and documentation of group accounting policy under UK FRS102 and IFRS for SMEs in South Africa;3.
- The annual financial statements audit process in both the UK and South Africa, being the primary point of contact for responding to Client Assistance Package requests and queries;4.
- Regulatory compliance as required in South Africa and the UK, including client compliance requirements, bank KYC/FICA requirements, SARB Exchange control compliance, and all other relevant regulatory compliance; and Liaising with professional advisors in the preparation of consolidated group and company standalone annual financial statements.
The role will have the opportunity to assist with:
- Group taxation and corporate insurance renewals.
- Group budgeting, forecasting, cost, and cash flow management.
- Long-term planning and financial modelling.
- Fund raises and M&A transactions.
- Corporate governance (“ESG”), internal controls, and financial policies and procedures.
This job description is intended to describe the main duties only. Job holders are expected to maintain flexibility and perform all other reasonable duties that relate to the job as assigned by the (Group) Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Controller, and wider group ExCo and ManCo members.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Chartered Accountant (SA) with a minimum of 1 year post articles experience.
- Knowledge of all relevant South African legislation and compliance regulations
- Technical knowledge and experience of generally accepted accounting practices, IFRS, IFRS for SME’s, South African taxation legislation, forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Highly systems literate with MS Office experience, including proficiency in Advanced Excel.
The following will be an advantage:
- Experience with international operations
- Knowledge of UK company legislation and compliance requirements
- Knowledge of UK FRS102 accounting practices and taxation legislation
- Oracle NetSuite experience
- Professional demeanor.
- Resilient and adaptable.
- Strong problem-identification and problem solving attributes.
- Innovative thinker prepared to challenge the status quo.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment and make data-driven decisions.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- The ability to work largely independent.
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Integrity and sound ethical values.
Email CVs to: [email protected]
Please note that if you have not heard from us in two weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Genasys Technologies respects your right to privacy and complies with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA). We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We hereby inform you that we will be retaining your personal information on file for a period of 12 months. This information will be used solely for the purposes of maintaining records and fulfilling legal obligations. Your personal information will be securely stored and will not be disclosed to any third party without your explicit consent, unless required by law or to protect our legitimate interests. By continuing to use our services, you consent to the retention of your personal information as described above. If you wish to request access to or the correction of your personal information, please contact us using the details provided below.